My nieces are getting to that age where they are starting to personalized their rooms. They look for things and colors that reflect their personality and the things they like to do.
So for their room we created personalized Photo Banners with each of their names. It was a fun, fast project they loved doing.
1) You will need: photos with the letters of the names (we had gone to the beach so they were able to spell their names with sea shells) and any other photos you liked, scrapbook paper, stickers, glue, ribbon, pencils, scissors, ruler and a hole puncher.
2) Using the ruler as a guide draw a rectangle larger than the photo, this will serve as a frame for the photo. You can use that same rectangle to draw multiple ones in the other color pages that way all of them will be the same size.
3) Glue the photos onto the paper aligning them to the sides and bottom, you can leave more space on top as you will to punch holes on top to run the ribbon.
4) After all the photos are glued and each rectangle has the 2 holes on top you can put the photos in order. We started and ended with photos of each one of them and photos together. Once they are all in the order you want, you can start passing the ribbon through the holes.
5) To finalize the banner, I let my nieces put as many stickers as they wanted on their photos, they went crazy but it looked amazing once they were done.
This was a great project to do together, as they had a great time doing something for each of their rooms and I had a great time with them.
by Isabella and Catalina Fossati
This summer I was able to spend some time with my nieces, I love them to death so I wanted to do some projects that would bond us together and also that would teach them something. So one day we decided to paint with their hands and feet.
I was expecting to have a blast with them and without realizing I end up with a master piece.
If you want to try you just need:
1) Canvas Pad, Non-Toxic Paint (I went for acrylic paint), disposable plates, disposable knife or a mixer, old t-shirts for them to ware if you wont want their cloth to get damage, plastic cover for the floor, a foam roller, and a large plastic tub with water
2) Make sure you are in an area that if paint gets out of control you wont mind hosing down.
3. Put the different colors of paint on the disposable plates. I was teaching them how to combine primary colors to create new colors. You can use the plastic knife for mixing, and the roller to spread the paint on their hands and feet.
4) You can start with the darkest colors first and them move into the lighter ones. Every time we change colors they washed their hands or feet, so the colors wold mix in the canvas and not on the roller
5) Have a lot of fun playing with them, we lined up 4 pieces of canvas and they kept jumping on and around them. That created a mix pattern of multi-color hands and feet that looks amazing.
After a couple of days or learning and learning how to work wordpress. I’m ready to go out into cyber-world and start writing my ideas, posting my photos and projects.
This blog is about dreaming, inspiring and creating. A place that I can call home for all my idea, projects, and references that I collect here and there. I finally have a place where all my creativity can coexist under one place.
I guess I can finally start getting organized……….